Monday, December 06, 2010

Going Hard Copy!!

A few weeks ago, I bought a Groupon for a discount-priced hardcover publication of my blog, and the coupon needs to be used up by December 31st. Problem is, the book has a 20 page limit, and I have.... oh, 146 posts on my blog.

So, I humbly submit a few of my favorites and ask you to vote for which ones you think deserve to be preserved in good old fashioned ink and paper for all my posterity to read. Now, let's see how long it takes before I come up with my list...

Baking Misfortunes. I still get flak for this one.
The Garbage Disposal. This one seems to be popular :)
My DC Rant. My personal favorite. :P It was written in 10 minutes flat. Pure inspiration.

I severely shortened the list to save you from feeling any obligation to read them all. Enjoy the trip with me down memory lane!!

9 comments:

Meg! said...

I totally have to vote for the baking story. After all, I have SCARS from cooking with you-- physical and emotional.

Not that I would trade that for anything. :)

Good times.

Unknown said...

Definitely the baking story. Also, your story your bike crash in Taiwan and Sis. Wright. It's not on the list, but definitely one of my favorites.

Asian Keng said...

Rob, I actually had that one on the list but took it off because I didn't want to be "that" person who posts missionary stories all the time. But duly noted... :)

Meg: I"M SORRRRRYYYY!!!!!

Jenny said...

Seriously, I laughed out loud at your Baking Misfortunes piece. Seriously CLASSIC. I think I love it because you SHOW, not tell (the first rule in writing.) ;)

I, too, loved your bike crash story too though!

Go with Baking Misfortunes though. It's really humorous!

Anita Baker said...

oh i think that is so cool! groupon sucks in my area :(

Morgan said...

First time on your blog, Jen. Thoroughly enjoyed myself though! (And no, I'm not stalking you...I was just reading people's gchat status while being invisible...creepy? Maybe.) ANYWAY, love love loved "DC Rant." Made me miss that city and those darn wide-eyed tourists fiercely. That one has my vote!

PS - remember how at this time last year we were texting each other because for the first time we were hearing "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" in public? Oh, I've heard it at least eight times already this season.

abbynormal said...

Um, turns out I like a lot of these. I love the random rants and the DC rant. I also LOVE he garbage disposal story.

I have to say though, maybe because they're just more recent, but I really love the post about when your mom punched your wedding cake, and the one when Matt sweet talked the lady when you were looking for bear grass. I guess I'm just a big fan of your blog. :)

FinancialFreedom said...

LOVE D.C. Rant... my personal fave too.

Dallas, Dad, Big D & I said...

I vote that you print them all through another company that can manage a bigger book. You will want your progeny to read them all and one day they will want more than 20 pages.