Saturday, June 17, 2006

Come alive with Pepsi...

It's official. I have become a *real* blogger. The days of "haha, that was funny...whoo!..." are past... now evolved into "whoa, how should I word this so it'll sound great in writing..."

Yesterday I crossed another threshold when the thought of "dude, I need a picture of this RIGHT NOW" sent me scrambling into my backpack to find my camera phone whilst stuck in rush hour traffic on the 495 beltway heading west over the Wilson Bridge (diatribe on DC traffic forthcoming... suffice to say that getting stuck on the same passage of road this morning for an hour and a half at 12:35 am coming back from Columbia was not how I had planned on spending the dawn of my 26th birthday... and where were all these people coming from?! rrrrr...).

A lone motorcyclist had dared to cut me off in the left lane and light up, sending my window and my temper rolling up. As I sat, fuming, cursing him and his stuffy leather coat (I hoped he was roasting in the 90 degree weather), my eyes lit upon the back of his bike...baffled squinting and a subsequent moment of clarity drew out the camera phone. Please, if you will:

My first thought was "what is that?" Second question: "...and is it really sticking out of his...???"

Closer investigative squinting revealed the first answer to be a bottle of soda. The second answer was not so clear...
I did manage to finally conclude that it was somehow strapped to some sort of bungee/etc. that kept it firmly wedged to his seat, away from his posterior, but dude, from this angle, it still looks like that bottle of Pepsi is shoved up his ass. Explains a lot...

(...okay, so not to kill the dead horse, but I stumbled across this while searching for Pepsi's official slogan. He is everywhere!! Perennial, preternaturally preserved... and no, Mr. Dude, I had no idea he guest-starred on American Idol. Actually, I've never seen a single episode of that show. Bass.)

5 comments:

Michael said...

test

Anonymous said...

Partake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClIzbIDaGlo&search=Hasselhoff

Asian Keng said...

Dude. Dude. I mean, I would stop, but he just won't let me!!

Anonymous said...

Like, when was that song recorded? That video made? It's worse than Lindsay Lohan, if that's possible.

Oh yeah, I decided to get my Knight Rider on yesterday. Oh man, it totally sucked. This is a direct quote from Hasselhoff:

"KITT is my computer, partner, and friend."

Not to mention that in the episode I was watching, there was this dude who could apparently jump, like, twenty feet in the air -- for no apparent reason.

Asian Keng said...

Dude, I made it through 34 seconds of the video before I deemed it completely mock-worthy to link. The second time around, I thought I'd watch it all the way through to see if there was anything questionable. I made it through 49 seconds before I felt my brain cells dripping through my nose and I had to stop. But the video stays. :)

Your episode must have sucked because Geena Davis wasn't in it. I was having too much fun satirizing to even comprehend what was going on. But her hair was awesome.