Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Capitol Gathering!

Here it is friends, the post you've all been anxiously awaiting! I'm sure you've all been gnawing your fingernails in anticipation; let me not keep you quivering any longer.

We decided to go with the 'slowly melt' option, as it would theoretically be the easiest, most efficient, and least messy (sorry Kayc, sticking pieces of white chocolate to my body didn't seem so appealing...and I was going on severe sleep shortage from the Guster concert of yore). Also, seeing as none of us present had strong political views, there were no diatribes or recitations or any ceremonial fluff; the Capitol was simply plopped in the cake pan and placed on top of the pan of boiling water:

Behold, The Capitol, prepared for its untimely demise: (you need to understand how enormous this thing really is when you think that is a full-sized cake pan in which it is sitting)


The chips you see in the upper corner are remnants of more white chocolate My Roommate had used to melt and cover fortune cookies for wedding treats. (I told you the preparations were endless...)

The steam from the boiling water opened up a gaping maw in the facade of the building. Awesome.


I'm sure there's something poetic or diplomatic I could say about a toppling Capitol. But words elude me. For once.



Mmmm, forget the edifice this once was, let's eat!!


Dude. That was a lot of white chocolate. We baptized four pounds of strawberries, an entire bag of Double Stuf Oreos (you missed out, Cabeza), half a two pound bag of pretzels, and one banana. NO, we didn't eat it all, it's all still sitting in huge piles on our dining room table, if you want to come and get some.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

The Salvador Dali rendition was delicious! Mmm!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect way to use leftover wedding decorations. Eat them! The bride loved seeing the photos of the Salvador Dali rendition and hearing how you gorged yourselves. My kind of party!