Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I hold up my head in shame....


I bought my first TV ad product today.

Yes, folks, all those infomercials you've seen, all those products you've mocked... I fell prey to a product and purchased it. I figured it would make a good blog entry. :) What can I say?

My Firefox opens to a multitude of pages every morning, and today I spotted an article on TV hair products and Glamour magazine's review. Recently having been exposed to the wonder of the Bumpit, as well as my friend's more recent purchase of several Snuggies, (step up, you know who you are), after reading Glamour's semi-positive review, I decided I'd throw caution to the wind and purchase... (drum roll please)... a set of EZCombs.

Yes. I was one of those poor unfortunate souls who wailed in pain every time I tried to clutch my thick, unruly head of hair up in a claw, whose hair fell loose and unkempt, who could not lean back while driving a car and beseeched the hair gods to provide me a cure. O hair gods, send me a product that keeps my hair stylish and secure whilst being able to lie in a beach chair and read books all day! EZComb, you are an answer to my prayers!

Fess up folks... what televised products have you purchased and how did they turn out???

11 comments:

Krissy said...

Ok, I have to admit...I'm intrigued by the bumpit. Do people actually use them? I kind of want one.

just some girl said...

I saw that this morning, too. I kind of want a bumpit. I think I could rock a beehive.

Handsome Rob said...

I have never purchased anything from a TV infomercial, but I must say that I'm intrigued by the ShamWow! Who wouldn't want something that can hold up to 20 times its weight in liquid?

Christina said...

As you know, I'm a proud, proud owner of not one, but TWO snuggies. And I love them. I really, really do.

Sadly, I wish I could say that was the first As Seen on TV purchase that I'd ever made, but it wasn't. It's just the only one I'm prepared to admit to. :)

Jen Brooks said...

Luckily, many of these things can be purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond. I will admit, I almost picked up a shamwow from BB&B the other day.

As for thick, unruly hair (which I also have), I prefer the old steady, the good ol' elastic ponytail holder. Of course, there's also the option of chopping it all off, which I fully support.

Asian Keng said...

I didn't realize these items were available at BB&B. I could have registered for them on my wedding registry!! I guess there's still time. :P

The ponytail holder also creates the annoying "bump at the back of my head". I'm praying that this EZcomb solves all my problems.

And the Bumpit just looks horrifying. I read a testimonial at, ahem, yes, "bighappiehair.com", that some fashion designer used EIGHT in one poor female's head for a show. My hair is crying inside.

Asian Keng said...

I also confess, I had a brief moment watching the EZcomb infomercial of "Wow, I could use this on my wedding day!" and then abruptly thought No Jen, you moron, you are NOT going to use that on your wedding day.

Now I'm intrigued by a Shamwow. I also want to try those green bags that supposedly keep your produce fresh for like twenty months. Anyone?

Krissy said...

My husband uses a shamwow when he's out in the field doing military stuff (like crawling through swamps and other sorts of ridiculousness) and he thinks it's excellent. I've never tried it myself but we have two at home.

Deborah said...

I have the light up paper cutter and a hair product that I use on my girls. Sometimes you get lucky.

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

I bought the Windsor Pilates entire series from an infomercial, and Daisy Fuentes was the spokesperson. Remember her back from MTV? Anyway, it turned out fine. I was totally enthralled by those combs :)

Vicki

Jenny said...

Based on this great blog entry, I just purchased two sets of EZCombs for gifts. BB&B sells 'em for $20 apiece. ;)