Tuesday, March 24, 2009

for a second I thought they would be telling my eugugoly...

So I´m blogging from a tiny Internet cafe in the Dominican Republic, which is awesomeness in itself, and adventures with pictures will shortly follow, but a topic came up today that I had to ask the general public--

Have you ever fantasize about your own funeral and if you died, who would come?

Turns out a lot of people have. Don´t be shy, admit it. How have you imagined your funeral to be? Lots of grieving fans? Close friends and family? Happy music? Sentimental music? Tons of flowers? Donations given to great causes? Would you have a huge one because secretly you hope you´re popular enough to garner the masses? Or is your secret fear that nobody will show up, like the Great Gatsby of old?

Until then, I´ll be learning how to dance on the streets of Cabarete. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

I hadn't ever thought about my funeral until you just asked that. I hope everyone will be happy, and that there will be LOTS of good food, since that's what I'm all about anyway :) I just hope people I love will come. I may have to ponder this, just in case :)

Vicki

Jnuck said...

I want Dominicans at my funeral, for all my single friends. And lots of raucous dancing. And Jen, will you give my eulogy?