Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Have A(nother) Dumpling...

I figured it's time to post for the second time in 2011. :) I've had lots of different musings to throw around, but recently with the advent of potential future life changes, I've been thinking a lot of what I could possibly do in place of my current position as a Management and Program Analyst at the Department of Education. (Gotta love the DC nebulous job titles.) These musings have led to more tangential thoughts, which eventually spiraled into, What Would My Dream Job Be?

This is a conversation I've had several times with Matt for fun. One evening we sat through dinner in a teeny tiny Virginia town and plotted out our entire restaurant empire: dumplings and hot and sour soup. I would sell 6 for $3, 12 for $5, and a bowl of hot and sour soup for $2.50 apiece. Originally we thought we'd have excessively expensive overheads in Old Town Alexandria and we'd get a hopping yuppie lunch crowd, but I've since turned my sights to the underdeveloped area right around where we live, where the ginormous hulking brand new Department of Defense lurks over us, empty, future traffic snarls impending. Can you just imagine the line out the door for daily dumplings???

I'm sure that in reality, making dumplings every day would kind of suck, but I could totally do it for like a week, or even maybe a month. You can do anything for a month, right? :P More recently, I've decided that if I were to sell them, I'd buy a food truck instead. Follow my twitter feed at #dailydumplings! :)

So. That's just one of MY potential dream jobs. What's YOURS???

4 comments:

Meg! said...

I don't know about a dream job, but I sure would like to buy some of your dumplings.

Also, I noticed you didn't mention anything about selling wonton soup. ;)

Emily said...

I could eat those from you everyday! :) As for the dream job question. . . that's a good one. . . . Probably some combo of mom/pianist/chef/seamstress/photographer/traveler.

abbynormal said...

I would own a scuba diving shop. And just for David, it would double as an underwater photography shop. Now that I actually live on a coast, this is much more of a possibility than it ever was before. :)

Anita Baker said...

my dream job would be a counselor or motivational speaker. weird huh?