Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Legend Tells of a Legendary Warrior...



If you haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet, please do yourself the favor and go. It was delightful and my roommates haven't stopped quoting it since.

My original delight in seeing the movie (Jack Black aside) was the prospect of seeing some of my favorite Asian people as kung fu masters... well, mostly just Jackie Chan as a kung fu monkey (though his lines were sadly lacking... "We should hang out." "Agreed.") And Lucy Liu made a fairly convincing devilish snake of a fighter. Jack Black did rock though.

The movie consequently spurred the conversation of, "if you could be embodied as any sort of animal, what would you be?" Some people just favor certain creatures. Some of you dear readers may, with fondness, recall a certain duck-billed platypus of old, or even my treasured roommate who pulled the most convincing ostrich impression I've ever seen. Someone once told me that I was a total panda bear, but I'd prefer to think that it was the Asian stereotype rather than actually resembling a black and white bear.

What about you? If you had to be embodied as any animal, what would it be? There are a flotilla of quizzes out there that you can take; this one labels me as either an owl or a wild dog...?? I'm not feral, nor do I speak with a slow, wise voice... this one labels me (perhaps correctly) as a monkey. Take any of them yourself and see if you agree with the results. Personally I think my little sister is the embodiment of a rhesus monkey. That is all. :)

8 comments:

becks said...

"The Furious Five! You look a lot bigger than your action figures! Except you, Mantis. You're about the same."

Oh, and I'm a grizzly bear according to one test, an otter according to another. But I've always thought of myself as more of a rabbit-ish person:) When I was in college, my roommates and I used to sit in church and assign animal identities to our ward members based solely on looks. My favorite was the guy in our ward who my friend Krista decided was a sea horse. For reals, he seriously looked like one! True story. No lie:)

Christina said...

Okay, I've been taking a plethora of animal quizzes and it appears that I'm a bird, a dog and or a sea lion, depending on who you're talking to. I was also born in the year of the snake, if you're gonna get all chinese zodiac on me...

Truly, I think I'm a dead on sea lion. It's frightening how accurate it is, actually.

Matt said...

well a very reputible source has told me that I may or may not have a freakish resemblance to the kung-fu panda himself. Having not seen the movie I reserve my judgement, but I usually do say that I am a panda bear. Cute and cuddly, with claws and teeth... that i would never use. oh well.

Warren said...

I got an owl or penguin on the first and a dog on the second.

Asian Keng said...

Funny. I also got penguin. I guess we're more alike than we'd imagine. :)

Becky I want to meet this sea horse of yours. And Christina, I especially liked the part about your sex drive. Because when I think about sex drives I always want to envision sea lions... really???!??!?!

And Matt you do realize you're the whole reason I'm even writing this post. :)

Bethany said...

Well, I'm either an Otter or a Dog...but in actuality, I always kind of thought of myself as more of a gazelle--mostly because when I run, I can take big steps the way a gazelle would.

Jenny said...

An otter or a cottontail! Apparently I'm not overly assertive. :)

Also got penguin! Always thought they were cute.

Asian Keng said...

Yeah Bethany, I'd say your gazelle is right on. What does that make Justin then?

The quiz is not meant to actually describe your physical persona, just so you know... because again, it says that sea lions are extremely attractive and have extremely active sex drives... and personally I am not that attracted to sea lions nor do i want to ever consider their sex drives. So let's go with rabbit-esque for Becky and gazelle for Bethany and um... armadillo for me...?